VLB 815 - 139 000 Euros (agency fees included)
Dordogne Périgord Noir: Pretty stone property (old stone shepherd's home) for sale comprising a house for restoration of around 82 m2, with an attic above and cellar below ; a non attached barn with 45 m2 on each floor, a smaller attached barn (20 m2) and small chicken pens ; a central courtyard, all set on around 2.5 hectares of attached grounds (mostly woodland), near to the vale of the Dordogne south of Sarlat in the Périgord Noir.
Main features :
- 82 m2 of living space in the house comprising kitchen with fireplace, living room with fireplace and insert wood burner and bedroom on the ground floor
- on the first floor (attic space) is a newly installed bathroom with bath and shower (10 m2)and separate loo, and 2 rooms which could make 2 further bedrooms (29 m2), insulated roof
- front terrace
- large non attached barn with 45 m2 on each of the two floors
- small adjoining barn (20 m2)
- small chicken sheds with stone roof (lazes)
- large courtyard between the house and the barns
- electric heating with woodburning stove in the kitchen and insert wood burner in the living room
- septic tank drainage
- east/west-facing property
- 15 minutes south of Sarlat
On the ground floor is a kitchen with fireplace, tiled floor and wood burning stove and door to the terrace (20 m2), a large living room with stone fireplace and woodburning stove (insert), wood floor, exposed beams and door to the terrace (27 m2), and a bedroom with cupboards and wood floor (21 m2).
Wooden stairs lead up to the attic where there is a newly installed bathroom with bath and shower, wash basin (10 m2) and separate loo, and tiled floors, and two further spaces where you could install 2 more bedrooms (29 m2).
Under the house is a large cellar (47 m2).
Outside between the house and the barns is a large courtyard with a rock face at one side and a hedge on the boundary on the other side.
The property is enclosed with wrought iron gates and has a mix of mature trees, flowering shrubs, fruit trees and bushes (fig, plum, cherry), and a large lime tree for shade.
A pretty property only 5 minutes from 2 villages with basic amenities, near to the valley of the Dordogne and its river and in easy reach of Sarlat and all the popular tourist sights in the Périgord Noir.
This property is currently a secondary residence, habitable but in need of refurbishing (except for the new bathroom and toilet on the first floor)
Taxes Foncières : 335 Euros
Purchase costs & taxes: 11 900 Euros (approx.)
Houses and properties for sale in the Dordogne