VLB 1033 - 238 500 Euros (agency fees included)
Vallée de la Dordogne: Superb stone village house, fully restored with around 125 m2 of living space, pretty covered terrasse partly covered (bolet) with cellars below, magnificent small garden with mill stream running through, garage, courtyard and private parking, all set in around 560 m2 of easy maintained grounds in the heart of a medieval village on the river south of Sarlat in the Périgord Noir of the Dordogne… all basic amenities and the river in walking distance !!!
An old restored mill with lots of charm and character, currently a holiday home.
Main features :
- 125 m2 of living space comprising an entrance, living room with wood-burning stove, fitted kitchen-dining room, downstairs bedroom with shower room on the ground floor ; 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor
- of adjoining grounds with small mill stream, stone bridge, island, and a variety of trees and shrubs (palm tree roses, wisteria, lavender, hydrangea, iris, lily of the valley)
- cellars under the house of around 60 m2
- a garage of around 12 m2
- new electric heating and log wood-burning stove
- partial double glazing
- insulated roof
- mains drainage
- barbecue area
- 2 separate entrances
- parking in the courtyard for around 3 cars
- ADSL, WIFI
- DPE (unclassified)
The House (approximately 125 m2 of living space):
- a south-facing entrance from the raised cover terrace (1 m2)
- large south and north-facing living room with stone fireplace and wood-burning stove, exposed beams, wooden staircase to the first floor, tiled floor (30 m2)
- fitted kitchen with dining area, 2 east-facing windows and 1 north-facing window, tiled floor, exposed beams (23 m2)
- north-facing double bedroom with en-suite shower room (14 m2)
- south facing double bedroom with laminated wood floor, beautiful exposed ceiling beams (16 m2)
- east and south-facing double bedroom with laminated wood floor, exposed ceiling beams (13 m2)
- family bathroom with bath and shower over, washbasin and wc, tiled floor, washing machine installation
Outside to the front of the house is a traditional style « bolet » covered terrace with a few steps down to the garden level where there is a mill stream, lawn area and barbecue area, all very pretty with flowers and some shrubs for easy maintenance.
Under the front terrace there are two small cellars and under the house, with access from the back of the house, is a larger cellar which still houses some of the old machinery for the old flour mill.
The house has two separate entrances : one from the main street in the village and the second from a side street where there is the garage (12 m2) and a courtyard with open parking for around 3 cars.
The house is in perfect condition with all modern comforts, well maintained with light rooms and a pretty landscaped garden. All basic amenities, a weekly market and the river are all in walking distance and only 10 minutes in the car to Sarlat… and close to all the famous tourist sights of th Périgord. A super environment for a ready-to-move-in holiday home or summer rentals !
Taxes Foncières : 596 Euros per year
Legal fees: 18 100 Euros (approx.)
N.B. The price of this house includes agency commission at 6% (inclusive of VAT at 20%) which is paid by the buyer on signature of the final deed of sale.
Houses and properties for sale in the Dordogne